Tuesday, January 19, 2010

#1The Life Of A Fine Art Photographer


My name is Al Williams and I'm a 41 year old Monroe, GA based photographer. My commercial work consists primarily of portraits, but my true passion is for fine art photography. I shoot a Pentax K10D for my digital work and a Mamiya C330 medium format film camera for my traditional black and white photography. I admit to being a late adopter of digital. I got my first digital point and shoot ( a Sony DSC-W5 with the Zeiss designed lens) in 2005 and my Pentax DSLR in November of 2007. I teach digital and traditional photography courses at The Monroe Art Guild.

I've finally gotten around to the whole "blogging" thing. This blog will chronicle my adventures as a fine art (and sometimes commercial) photographer, and allow me to share my work as it is being created with anyone interested in following it. As a photography instructor, I'll also be using this as a platform to publish basic photography lessons for my students to reference as well as descriptions of techniques for more advanced students and fellow photographic artist. It's an exciting time to be "into" photography - and I'm about as deep into it as you'd ever want to be.

I'm consider myself extremely blessed to be able to pursue something I truly love as a full time career. Very few people are so fortunate. Being allowed the privilege of sharing your personal vision with the world is an amazing gift. If you're reading this, I hope you'll follow along with me on this journey by subscribing and letting me hear what you have to say through comments or by emailing me personally at theelephantseye@gmail.com

I still have a gazillion photos to edit some of which I might actually get to this evening (or morning rather) so this brings us to the end of the beginning of The Elephant's Eye Photography Blog. More to come. :-)



Al Williams

20 January 2010 1:24 AM EST

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I will be able to check in and read about what's going on in your world now from work. During Lunch of course... or breaks. Welcome to the blogging world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good deal! I'll try to keep up with you here too. Will there be some kind of notification of each new post? I'm not too blog savvy, I fear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful blog, Al
    great information and beautiful images
    good luck to you
    blessings, Ms Judi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came to investigate as we almost share the same blog name ;>)

    ReplyDelete